Listen in on Trent and Hambrick as they discuss a little Aeschylus.
Thoughts and questions about the book.
- Prometheus gives humanity “hope” Consider the significance of this to human beings.
- Is it right or wrong to oppose ultimate power?
- Can man judge the world by his own ethical standards? If so, who or what is the arbiter?
- Can human autonomy and divine rule by reconciled?
- Prometheus has been compared to Job, in the Bible. Job famously complained of his situation, but never defied God, Prometheus does. Which is the better path?
- Notice the personification of human attributes in Might and Violence as characters.
- Violence says nothing. Is there any significance to this omission?